GToogle+Timeline

Tuesday 20 March 2012

A day outing at Llangollen, Denbighshsire, North Wales

After my last week day outing to Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, where we took some amazing photos of the secret hideaway. My husband offer to take me there again to take some photos of the morning sunrise. This was an unexpected offer which I can't reject. So I planned the journey to the same secret hideaway to take the sunrise and then proceed to visit LLangollen Station and beaten track to a waterfall which I found in Google Map.




My daughter decided to go back to university the next day so asked for a ride to the station at Stafford. We woke up at 4.00 a.m. and prepared  our sandwiches and  flasks of tea and coffee to bring along with our journey. We set out at 5.15 a.m. due to my girl only able to take the 1st ride at 6.00 a.m. Reached Pontcysyllte Aqueduct at 6.30 a.m. and all set up and sitting at the secret hideaway waiting for the sunrise. Out of luck today, no sunrise the sun had hidden behind the clouds. 

Spent about 2 hours at this place, we decided to pack up and go straight to Llangollen Station.  About 3 miles from Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, reached the car park which cost £0.70 pences for 2 hours.  This was an offer which normally will cost about 3 or 4 times for parking. Llangollen Railway is a volunteer run preserved railway  in Denbighsire.  The trains operate from LLangollen and Carrog about 7.5 miles. The trains run daily on summer and weekend during winter months. During the winter, there  is a variety of steam and diesel locomotive operating.



This is the Riverside Water Park and across the bridge is the LLangollen Railway. River Dee is next to the Llangollen Station. 





Instead of trekking along the River Dee, we follow the direction on the sign post lead to the Horseshoe Pass. It about 3 miles before we came upon the valley of River Dee where the Abby ruins and beautiful view from Dinas Brana Castle view. In fact, we didn't realised that we haven't reach the horseshore pass but half way through before we decided to turn to a different direction to Corwen. My mistake was that I thought the beautiful waterfall is in this town but it is not.

We came across the Corwen Bridge over River Ceiriog. The pastures full of Corwen cattles.



We had no idea how to go to the waterfall which supposed  in Corwen. The navigator can't direct us to there. So we had no choice but to packed up and go home. About 3 miles  we came across this different and beautiful river view which was hidden by rolling valleys and pastures with locked gates.
We stop our car and wandered along the green pastures hoping for a way to go to this river at the bottom of the rolling valleys.


A few hundred yards away from our parked car, there is a gate which tied by rope. We untied it and go through this gate and all the way down the rolling pastures but we had to climbed the barriers stones with spikes. After at least 3 different levels of barriers, we finally came across a plenty hut which meant for those walkers whom with permits for bird watchings or fishing. This place is a treasure hunt to me. The hut look so cool and we enjoy taking some photos of ourselves which we never do something like this crazy before.  Further down the slope, we finally came across River Ceiriog. It is so peaceful and beautiful.



We are aware that we were not allow to trespass against someone property. We just can't resist the beautiful scenery to take some photos back with us. I couldn't believe that my husband whom alway abided with the law willingly to do something like this with me. I feel my life is getting more exciting while getting older.




About 3.00 p.m., my husband was quite knackered and he need his little nap before he able to drive anymore. Ar last, we packed up and ready to head back home. "Ya, home!" but on our way home, we saw that one of the hill in River Dee Valley caught fire.


 Had to stop the car and took a few pictures of this before we carry on the way home. About 2 miles from this road, suddenly I saw  the Viaduct which for the Llangollen Railway. So we stopped at here  and have a look. The Chainbridge Hotel is on one side of River Dee and it is link with a Chain Bridge where you can walk across this chain bridge to the other side of River Dee.




Finally, I daren't try to test the patience of my old man as he still had about 3 hours to drive back home.  We shouldn't try to crank all the sight-seeing in one day. As the day progress on I realised that this Denbighshire County worth a few days trekking around the valleys and rivers. A 5 Stars score for this place.  Now I hoping to persuade my old man to bring me there again as there are still a lot tourist attractions which worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment