GToogle+Timeline

Thursday 19 July 2012

Trip to Meijiawu Tea Culture Village, Hangzhou, China -Day 15


 Today I woke up at 5.00 a.m. and hope to visit the tea plantation.  This was our last day here, so don't want to miss a single minute of it.



I daren't to go too far as get lost, so just follow the direction to the Yunqi Bamboo Forest Park. Walking along the road and following the water flowing down from a well to the drains.  Some women were washing their clothing in the drains and the water came from the well.  So ask for directions where was this well and they just told me just go straight on.  Followed the flowing water leaded me to back yard of the hotels and houses which lead me to the tea plantations.



Found the well which supply the water to the local and then follow the treks and climbed  up to the top of the tea plantations. Non of the farmer is around so no one stop me from climbing up to the hill top. It was an amazing, beautiful views of the village at the top of the hills where you can see the whole village is surrounded by the hills and hills of tea plantations.




There is a road snake around these hills that lead to the city of Hangzhou. Spent 3 hours around the tea plantations hills and got totally soaking wet in the mist surrounding these hills.




Went back to the hotel to have my shower before we were moving to the next destination. All packed and ready to leave this beautiful place. We couldn't get any taxi to take us to the coach station in HangZhou, so we had to hire two of the  seven seated cars and each one cost us $100.00 rem.  It took us 45 minutes to reach the station and bought our coach tickets to Ningbo which  each ticket cost us $60 to $65.00 rem. My sisters decided to wait at the station and we went to get some breakfast for them to eat.





It was a 4 hours journey to Ningbo Station. Once arrived at the station, we look for hotel rooms first and found this amazing hotel. Orange Hotel is a 3-star hotel and it cost $240.00 rem per room and join as member there will be a deduction of $20.00 rem for the next room. So we joined the membership and got another 2 rooms at $220.00 rem. Similar there was a $100.00 rem for deposit.





Left our luggages at the hotel and we went to the Chen Wang Mo Shopping Centre where the shops sell the items at distributors prices.  We bought 2 luggages and my sister bought one.  Oh! two luggages at the cost of £20.00 gbp that was cheap. Then we went to the food Court Centre to have our dinner.






 We went to the Chen Wang Mo Shopping Centre where the shops sell the items at distributors prices.  We bought 2 luggage and my sister bought one.  Oh! two luggages at the cost of £20.00 gbp that was cheap. Then we went to the food Court Centre to have our dinner.
 After dinner we went to the Moon Lake Park for a walk. The park was about 15 minutes walk from our hotel.



This park is amazing beautiful. Stay for 2 hours and my sisters and my friends, Lay Choo and Julie were knackered and wanted to go back to the hotel to rest. Robert, Lian Heng and my nephew, Raj  walked around the park and took more photos. Thank to my nephew, Raj, he teached my husband and me how to make use of the functions of our cameras.  There is so much to learn from him so my nephew agreed to come back to this park again after we have check up with my sisters and friends to see how they were getting on.




My sisters and Lay Choo prefer to stay at the hotel. Julie and her husband went out to the shopping malls to do some shopping. My nephew and husband and I, we went back to the Moon Lake Park to learn more techniques from my nephew on how to take night view photos without using high ISO.  We spent almost 4 hours till 11.30 p.m. and then went back to buy some snacks for my sisters and friend to eat.




I have to sleep early tonight as I still need to buy my train tickets back to Hong Kong the next day. My friends, sisters  and nephew are leaving on the 16/5.



Scored: for Meijiawu Tea Culture Village and Moon Lake Park - 5 Stars
Place of interest: Meijiawu Tea Culture Village and Moon Lake Park, Ningbo
Photos : by Robert Suen and Catherine Tan
Dated: 15/5/2012



No comments:

Post a Comment